HOME ~ Private Reference Library
OBAMACARE – AFFORDABLE CARE ACT
It guarantees people with preexisting health conditions cannot be rejected by insurers or charged more than others. It has reduced the number of uninsured people by twenty million, increased access to primary care, specialty care, surgery, medicines, and treatment for chronic conditions. Patients are less likely to skip needed care because of cost. As a result, according to studies conducted at Harvard, the A.C.A. is saving tens of thousands of lives each year.
1. At the end of FY 2017 the gross US federal government debt is estimated to be $19.5 trillion, according to the Fiscal Year 2017 Federal Budget.
2017 – The debt ceiling is currently set at $16.394 Trillion
09/30/2009 11,909,829,003,511.75 (Obama took office)
Of the $12.9 trillion chunk of debt owned by Americans, $5.3 trillion is held by government trust funds such as Social Security, $5.1 trillion is held by individuals, pension funds and state and local governments and the remaining $2.5 trillion is held by the Federal Reserve. Outside the U.S., China is the largest foreign holder of the debt, with $1.25 trillion. It is followed closely by Japan, which holds $1.13 trillion.
2. In 2016 the U.S. dropped bombs: 49.8 percent (or 2,941 airstrikes) carried out in Iraq, and 50.2 percent (or 2,963 airstrikes) in Syria.
12,192 ~ Syria
12, 095 ~ Iraq
1,337 ~ Afghanistan
496 ~ Libya
35 ~ Yemen
14 ~ Somalia
3 ~ Pakistan
2015 U.S. bombs dropped: 23,144
AMONG OTHER THINGS SINCE BECOMING PRESIDENT, BARACK OBAMA HAS:
1. Obama quadrupled the oil/gas/fracking production on Native lands, more than any other president in the past 100 years.
2. He showed up in Flint, drank a glass of water which pretty much said fuck you to the residents in Flint.
3. The Kalamazoo pipeline break happened under Obama’s watch, and he gave nothing more than a slap on the wrist to those responsible same with the gulf spill.
4. He opened up arctic drilling.
5. He also increased the uranium mining, mostly done on Native lands.
6. He cut Indian Health services by 8%, after promising only 2%.
7. He also increased oil rail cars from 10,000 to over 400,000 with tar sands oil.
8. Put boots on the ground in Syria , despite 16 times saying “no boots on the ground”.
9. Despite campaign pledges, planned a $1 trillion progam to add more nuclear weapons to the US arsenal in the next 30 years.
10. Dropped bombs in 7 Muslim countries; and then bragged about it .
11. Said, “I believe in American exceptionalism with every fiber of my being.”
12. Bragged about his use of drones – I’m “really good at killing people”.
13. Deported a modern-record 2 million immigrants.
14. Signed the Monsanto Protection Act into law.
15. Started a new war in Iraq .
16. Initiated, and personally oversees a ‘Secret Kill List’.
17. Pushed for war on Syria while siding with al-Qaeda .
18. Backed neo-Nazis in Ukraine.
19. Supported Israel’s wars and occupation of Palestine.
20. Deployed Special Ops to 134 countries – compared to 60 under Bush.
21. Did a TV commercial promoting “clean coal”.
22. Drastically escalated the NSA spying program .
23. Signed the NDAA into law – making it legal to assassinate Americans w/o charge or trial.
24. Given Bush absolute immunity for everything.
25. Pushed for a TPP Trade Pact .
26. Started a new war on terror – this one on ISIS .
27. Signed more executive memoranda than any other president in history.
28. Sold $30 billion of weapons to the dictatorship in Saudi Arabia.
29. Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia .
30. Opened a military base in Chile.
31. Touted nuclear power , even after the disaster in Japan.
32. Opened up deepwater oil drilling, even after the BP disaster.
33. Mandated the Insider Threat Program which orders federal employees to report suspicious actions of their colleagues.
34. Defended body scans and pat-downs at airports.
35. Signed the Patriot Act extension into law.
36. Launched 20,000 Airstrikes in his first term.
37. Continued Bush’s rendition program.
38. Said the U.S. is the “one indispensable nation” in the world.
39. Waged war on Libya without congressional approval.
40. Started a covert, drone war in Yemen.
41. Escalated the proxy war in Somalia.
42. Escalated the CIA drone war in Pakistan.
43. Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan.
44. Repealed the Propaganda ban, making it legal to spread government propaganda via news outlets.
45. Assassinated 4 US citizens with drone strikes.
46. Obama caught dumping 274 Veteran Soldiers cremated remains in King George County Virginia landfill
The U.S. pledged $38 billion military aid package to Israel signed by President Obama ($33 billion in FMF grants plus $5 billion in missile defense) over the course of 10 years (FY2019 to FY2028). This new MOU replaces the current $30 billion 10-year agreement signed by the Bush Administration that will expire in 2018.