Kristeen Irigoyen-Hernandez aka Lady2Soothe Follow @OurVoicesEcho
Twelve people died during selfie accidents compared to eight people which were killed in shark attacks.
There are many more deaths which did not make news headlines. An aid to the Russian interior minister, reported that “dozens of selfie – related deaths” have occurred in Russia alone.
– An American woman fell to her death while taking a selfie with her boyfriend on a cliff in South Africa.
– Two Russian men were killed while taking a selfie with a hand grenade.
– Three Indian students were killed by an oncoming train while taking selfies on train tracks.
– A Romanian teenager was electrocuted when she was taking a selfie on top of a train and touched a high-voltage wire.
– A Russian teen was also electrocuted after touching live wires while taking a selfie near railway tracks.
– A Russian woman shot herself in the head while trying to take a selfie with a gun.
– A woman in Moscow City died falling from a bridge, where she was trying to take a selfie.
– A teenager in Houston, Texas, fatally shot himself while taking a selfie with a gun.
– A Japanese tourist died falling down the stairs while taking a selfie at the Taj Mahal.
So many of us have a camera full of selfies and continue to document our every move. It’s completely understandable so many of us do so since we are influenced by popular apps such as Instagram and Facebook. Sharing and taking photos allows us to share our creativity and express ourselves. I have seen so many teenagers going out of their way to take cool photos in dangerous places or try to impress their friends.
Learning to pose for selfie’s makes a bigger impact in how you look in your photo than any app can provide. A search for #selfie on Instagram returns over 122 million photos. However, sometimes it can be difficult to take a flattering photo of yourself while also holding the camera. Here are some “selfie” posing tips.
10 QUICK SELFIE TIPS
Tip #1: Experiment with Angles
Tip #2: Adjust Your Shoulder Placement
Tip #3: Stand in the Light
Tip #4: Pose with Something New
Tip #5: Do Something Interesting
Tip #6: Accessorize
Tip #7: Express Yourself
Tip #8: Take a Full-Body Shot
Tip #9: Release Your Camera’s Shutter the Easy Way
Tip #10: Extend your Neck Forward
Apparently selfie’s with wilds animal is the new in-thing and Alex Gomez decided he wanted to get in on the trend. So he went with Tip’s # 4, 5 and 6 in a field behind the house at his family’s ranch in Lake Elsinore CA Alex decided to pose for a selfie with an angry 4 ft. rattlesnake wrapped around his neck; the snake bit him on the hand so he threw it to the ground then ran to a neighbor’s home and called 911 who transported him to the hospital where he was treated with anti-venom.
Alex told the media “I was going to take it off my neck and do something else with it, but it turned sideways, and it sunk its one tooth into … my hand.” Alex was released from the hospital but still faces the possibility of losing the use of his arm or worse still having his thumb amputated as the skin on his hand and arm is now rotting away.
Alex got his selfie but the hospital bill was $153,161.25… I wonder which hurt more, the snakebite or the hospital bill???